MCSO/OSU - Center for Health Sciences
Family Medicine Residency at Durant
The Durant Family Medicine Residency Program continues its longstanding commitment to rural community-based education.
Durant Family Medicine Clinic is proud to serve the southeastern Oklahoma area. We strive to deliver excellent medical care to our patients. Our goal is to treat every patient and their family as if they were part of our family. From the minute you walk through our doors, you'll notice the difference.
WE ARE PROUD TO SERVE
Our family medicine residency combines a long-standing tradition of family medicine with —
• A full range of clinical services available to the resident that is seldom seen outside of larger metropolitan academic centers
• A full variety of medical disciplines
• A diverse patient population in one of the fastest growing rural communities in the United States
• A dedicated family practice clinic
• Community links with the largest medical groups in Durant, Oklahoma
• Faculty with expertise in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, High Risk Obstetrics, Child Psychology, and Gerontology
Our residency is a unique blend of the ease of access and friendly familiarity of a community hospital, with a full slate of academic educational experiences often available only at large university medical centers. Our strong affiliation with Medical Center of Southeastern Oklahoma and Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, our sponsors, enables us to train residents to excel in their roles as concerned, competent physicians who function well in the full realm of medicine as a whole, whether inpatient or outpatient, rural or urban.
Greetings from our Director
Graduates of Durant Family Medicine Residency are highly sought-after for their broad spectrum intense training, which is dedicated to achieving the following objectives—
• Technical competence and empathetic handling of the diagnosis and treatment of a broad array of pathologies and illnesses that constitute the majority of health visits to family physicians nationwide
• Personal growth as professionals with the caring touch
• Focusing on the patient as a whole, using the osteopathic biopsychosocial model, as a means to understanding the broad-spectrum issues facing the patient
• Direct interface with the community in a responsive and direct manner from a baseline of genuine care and real concern.
At the core, our mission is to educate fledging family practice physicians in the "art of caring", a tenet espouced by our founder, Marcus Lee (1926-1997). We are dedicated to the indigent population and to needy children in our region. We believe in research as a tool in the effective delivery of improved healthcare.
Our Mission and Values
Durant Family Medicine Clinic • 1600 West University Boulevard • Durant, OK 74701 • Phone — 580.924.5500 • Fax — 580.924.1991